Angelfish eggs on heater

Bill

Could use some advise. I have pair of angelfish in a community tank that have spawned multiple times. Eggs hatched, usually beyond wiggler stage, but I never made any attempts to feed or save them as I only had one tank. Usually the batch of fry would disappear like overnight. I don't know if the parents ate them or the few other tetras in the tank, but didn't really care as I wasn't in a situation to do anything. Recently I setup multiple tanks and would like to attempt to keep these. All other times, they laid the eggs on the HOB intake, this is the first time they laid them on the heater.

I'm going to turn off the heater and put a new one in. I'm going to remove the tetras. My options are:

1) Leave the eggs with the parents. I don't know who ate the fry other times. I can see the female protecting the eggs from the tetras now. I know they learn overtime to care for them.
2) Remote the heater and try to care for the eggs outside the tank.

Best option?

Thanks!
Bill

Edited by Bill

Relatively small spawn under suboptimal conditions, but leaving the with the parents was the way to go. They moved them off the heater and to the top of a flat rock (the best place they could have chosen), and just today they started free swimming, and I started feeding them. I could watch the male and female collect them and spit them back on the rock all day. I noticed the male holds them a lot longer in his mouth, I initially thought he was snacking on them.  🙂

• Like 1