Tank mates

Rudles

I would say as long as they're not the clawed version it should be ok both are pretty peaceful. If you search on youtube you can see they will compete for food- that would be the only concern. One way to avoid that is target feeding ADF which is really easy. I taught my Mum how to target feed her 2 ADF (in a tank I set up for her) with aquarium tweezers (this is also pretty fun)- this way she knows they're eating and how much.I think it'd be harder to target feed Kuhlis since they're usually shyer. In your case, making sure the frogs are fat and happy you'd have less of a chance at issues. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1

@Rudles I have a 15g with 4 ADFs who were the solo inhabitants for many months, then added 6 cories (I felt they were getting outcompeted for food in their original tank). In all honesty, it made for a boring tank 😂 not a ton of activity since everyone just kind of hangs out. I imagine the nocturnal/“hidey” kuhli loach might put you in a similar situation. 

I’m growing out half a dozen gold barbs in with them now (eventual goal for them is my 55g), and I love the added color/activity. Although they hang out mid/bottom as well 🤦🏼‍♀️.  My ADFs are downright greedy at feeding time and I have no issue with them getting enough to eat.

My 2 cents based on my limited experience is... you may want to consider the level of activity you want to see, and if you have space to spare down the road to fill things out more if you find it’s not exciting.

• Like 1