Yoyo Loach

Jcdli

Nitrates are fine  it possible it's swim into something in the tank and stunned it's self or it could be swim bladder from what I have read about yoyo  loach they don't tolerate salt well 1 table spoon for 5 gallons is about the max I would dose with yoyo loach what I would do is Qarantine and fast for a couple of days as swim bladder can be caused by over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder or constipation it could also be a bacterial infection of the swim bladder you could try an epsom salt bath 1 table spoon for 5 gallons for no more than 10 minutes as epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants if he shows any signs of de-stress remove him from the salt bath straight away if theirs no improvement after a couple of days I would do a course of maracyn to cover against bacterial infection of the swim bladder

Edited by Colu

On 8/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, Colu said:

Nitrates are fine  it possible it's swim into something in the tank and stunned it's self or it could be swim bladder from what I have read about yoyo  loach they don't tolerate salt well 1 table spoon for 5 it about the max I would dose with yoyo loach what I would do is Qarantine and fast for a couple of days as swim bladder can be caused by over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder or constipation it could also be a bacterial infection of the swim bladder you could try an epsom salt bath 1 table spoon for 5 gallons for no more than 10 minutes as epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants if he shows any signs of de-stress remove him from the salt bath straight away if theirs no improvement after a couple of days I would do a course of maracyn to cover against bacterial infection of the swim bladder

Thank you for all the information 

• Like 1

There is something wrong with the fish but i cannot tell you what. Espon salt is unlikely to help here. I can't even speculate what is specifically wrong with the provided information. Also yoyo must be kept in a group of 5+ and they can get fairly large so need to be in a large tank - I would think given their activity level a min. of 4 foot tank for a group of 5+. Using the cory next to it as a size marker your fish is quite young that is about the most i can say. I will note that yoyo are very sensitive to unclean water or poorly oxygenated water. In my limited experience far more so than clown and zebra loaches. Anyway good luck.

Hi, yeah it was sudden they were great yesterday and today this happen, and it’s a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump, and I only have 3 of them, they been growing nicely cu they were small when I got them but I’ll check more to see what’s going thank you