Sick Wagtail Platy

MaxM

I have a Platy fish that was at the bottom of the tank in a vertical position for a long time. I'm assuming that it got swim bladder disease. I'm planning on moving it to a quarantine tank and give it peas. 

My question is whether I should add salt or methylene blue into the tank? Also, how long does it take to recover? (Point of note: It is upright at the bottom of the tank now, but it doesn't look good. Something is still wrong with it).

What are your water parameters and can you take a picture of the sick fish if it is swim bladder I would fast for a couple of days and  do epsom salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons 2-3 times a day for no more than 15 minutes epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants as swim bladder problems can be caused by constipation or your fish over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder or an internal bacterial infection of the swim bladder if you don't start to see improve after a couple of days of Epsom salt baths I would do a course of maracyn just in case it bacterial infection of the swim bladder

Edited by Colu
  • Like 2