Surprise Find…

Fish Folk

"I had no idea my plecos spawned"

REALLY?!?  YOU PUT A PAIR TOGETHER IN YOUR MAGIC WATER!!! WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?!?  

I want to know your address!!!  You must be in the fish breeding celestial nexxus in the universe.  

Put them together and just wait..... oh yeah there they are...more babies!!

• Haha 5

On 8/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, ARMYVET said:

REALLY?!?  YOU PUT A PAIR TOGETHER IN YOUR MAGIC WATER!!! WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?!?  

I want to know your address!!!  You must be in the fish breeding celestial nexxus in the universe.  

I’m interested to see if any fry will come out Golden. These are 2nd generation from Gold x Brown cross. Sometimes the colors cross back out — maybe 25%. This has to be their 1st batch. No idea how many more are in there…

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:52 AM, ARMYVET said:

@Fish Folk, I think you might have a side hustle sellling your
Seriously, you should consider breeding some interesting high dollar fish. Schoutedeni Puffers or Zebra Plecos or something like that. If I were in the market for high dollar fish I would be looking for someone like you to buy from. 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Fish Folk, I think you might have a side hustle sellling your
Seriously, you should consider breeding some interesting high dollar fish. Schoutedeni Puffers or Zebra Plecos or something like that. If I were in the market for high dollar fish I would be looking for someone like you to buy from. 

Maybe someday! I am usually only happy with my tanks when fish are breeding.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, Fish Folk said:

Maybe someday! I am usually only happy with my tanks when fish are breeding.

We all would be happy with our tanks if the fish were breeding it means their conditions are perfect. Your tanks conditions must be the epitome of perfect!!

Webster dictionary version of perfect water conditions has @Fish Folk standing there wit baby fish everywhere! 

can I hire you to come visit my room and tell me what I need to change ?!?

• Haha 2

On 8/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ragnarok1200 said:

That is such a cool tank. What strain of killifish are you breeding? They look fantastic

Thanks! It’s a 33 gal long aquarium. I’ve been breeding Fundulopanchax Scheeli (Emerald Killifish). They’re similar to Gardneri. African, non-annuals. 

Very cool @Fish Folk, that setup has just become my new dream tank. I'm officially in love. I am such a fan of long aquariums, the dimensions are just so much more visually appealing to me than tall or standard ones. I'm pinning this post so that I can come back to it when I'm ready to emulate your build 😁

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:58 PM, Ragnarok1200 said:

Very cool @Fish Folk, that setup has just become my new dream tank. I'm officially in love. I am such a fan of long aquariums, the dimensions are just so much more visually appealing to me than tall or standard ones. I'm pinning this post so that I can come back to it when I'm ready to emulate your build 😁

We originally set it up in a friend’s 5th grade classroom as a Mutt-Guppy Tank. Here’s two videos of that build from last year that my son made…

• Love 1