Which varieties of guppies have colorful females?

PineSong

I have poked around on this forum and online and have not been able to find a list of which strains of guppies have non-plain females. I know some (like Cory's "best guppies in the world") have very fancy females with large fins and lots of color and I've run across others (HB blues, albino ) with at least some color on their tails and large-ish tails at that. Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list somewhere?

Or, if you know of a strain with females that aren't plain gray/brown, add it here and I'll make a list myself 🙂 TIA

• Like 2

My 165 gallon outdoor pond was stocked with 200 fancy female guppies that either had black bodies or red and yellow bodies. I had 50+- males from second generation "pure lines" that didn't meet the line standard that I added with them. This fall I will grab all of them too bring inside and slowly isolate similar cool looking stains and try to start something new from them. No idea if it will work but what else am I supposed to do with a foot or two of snow outside this winter?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Love 2