Amano shrimp escapers

Pizzafan

I wondered that too, but this thing looked like it hadn’t been injured or anything.

Not a good week for my tank - found a green neon Rasbora jumper on the floor 😕 I have a lid on there too… but there’s a few holes for the hang on back and for the heater cable they must have gotten through. Water conditions seem ok (no ammonia or nitrite, 20-30 ppm nitrate), no odd acting fish that are still there 

Edited by Pizzafan

On 8/10/2021 at 7:13 AM, Pizzafan said:

I wondered that too, but this thing looked like it hadn’t been injured or anything.

Not a good week for my tank - found a green neon Rasbora jumper on the floor 😕 I have a lid on there too… but there’s a few holes for the hang on back and for the heater cable they must have gotten through. Water conditions seem ok (no ammonia or nitrite, 20-30 ppm nitrate), no odd acting fish that are still there 

You may want to check your temp and ph I have seen fish and shrimp jump with way out of comfort spikes 🙂

Temp (78) and pH (about neutral- hard for me to read super accurately with API kit) seem normal and not different. The tank with my plants seems to be able to hold the bioload fine, but it might be a bit crowded driving them to jump? I also went out of town and left the light off for 3 days… who knows. 

natural selection at work?