Goodeids in tubs

shkote

In the early spring, I put a small group of juvenile Ameca splendens out in a small tub outside in the shade. I didn't expect them to do so well considering the temperatures get up to 106 in the summer time, but they have grown and thrived in this setting. Floating frogbit, duckweed, guppy grass help shade it even more and provide grazing options for them. This tub is rarely fed, or tampered with, providing only top offs. This group is active and looks fantastic. I'm very happy with the outcome and will be trying other goodeid species next year. 

20210808_124720.jpg.b39c6fa33429af93cccf035127e55e16.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, shkote said:

In the early spring, I put a small group of juvenile Ameca splendens out in a small tub outside in the shade. I didn't expect them to do so well considering the temperatures get up to 106 in the summer time, but they have grown and thrived in this setting. Floating frogbit, duckweed, guppy grass help shade it even more and provide grazing options for them. This tub is rarely fed, or tampered with, providing only top offs. This group is active and looks fantastic. I'm very happy with the outcome and will be trying other goodeid species next year. 

20210808_124720.jpg.b39c6fa33429af93cccf035127e55e16.jpg

Awesome!! Great to hear you’ve had success with Goodeids outdoors. I’ve got a million Xenotoca Doadrioi. I’ll have to try this sometime…

• Like 1