On 8/7/2021 at 10:19 PM, Brymac1 said:

The carbon will remove the meds so do not use it.

Isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing with the daily water changes? I admit I'm not clear on why the water changes are so slow. 

On 8/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, JoCinWB said:

Isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing with the daily water changes? I admit I'm not clear on why the water changes are so slow. 

Depending on the meds you are using, the water changes are to make sure that their concentrations do not become too great. The carbon will just strip out all of the meds within hours of adding the meds.

He has been in the med trio concoction for eight days, I did the first water change last night. I'm concerned about the slow changes because I had to add water on day 6 (yes that diluted it slightly) because the nitrite level was 0.5 and it was too early to start water changes. All other levels were fine. I'll just keep watching the levels.

What I don't understand (I read the blog first) is if the gradual water changes are necessary as a precaution in case some infection or whatever emerges over the second week or if removing the meds too quickly could harm the fish in some way. Would love to know the answer to that.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, JoCinWB said:

What I don't understand (I read the blog first) is if the gradual water changes are necessary as a precaution in case some infection or whatever emerges over the second week or if removing the meds too quickly could harm the fish in some way. Would love to know the answer to that.

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question about the water changes; I hope someone will see this and answer. Back to the original concern of your betta's health, your betta has been in med trio for 8 days, how does s/he appear, health-wise? Do you have any concerns or does s/he appear "fine" to you?

On 8/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, JoCinWB said:

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question about the water changes; I hope someone will see this and answer. Back to the original concern of your betta's health, your betta has been in med trio for 8 days, how does s/he appear, health-wise? Do you have any concerns or does s/he appear "fine" to you?

Just remember that the aquarium coop method is a preventative method, if you believe your fish actually has a specific disease then pick the appropriate medication and follow the manufactures directions. If on the other hand you are using the Co op quarantine (preventative treatment), don’t go by the manufactures directions, follow Cory’s step by step instructions shown in his videos.

• Like 1