New additions to the 55, finally got some cories!

Griznatch

Finally got some cories! I have been trying to time the delivery schedule to miss the summer long heatwaves here in Spudland. Saw a few days predicted to be under 95 and went for it. I have been eyeballing the laser cories for about a year now. Got them in yesterday and they are doing fine so far. I'll try and post pictures later today.

They are zooming around in small packs of 4 or 5. That tank has been housing my female guppies so it'll be nice to have fish cruising the lower part of the tank. They are only just over an inch long so I'm guessing pretty young?

• Like 7

I got 8 and they are about an inch long. So far they have been hanging out in a little gang and seem to cruise around like that with a few stragglers doing their own thing. They are very camera shy, as soon as I get the phone close to the tank they scatter...

@Griznatch they look to be about the same size as I got when I ordered online a few months ago. Of the 6 different species/variety of Cory I currently have they are by far the most skittish and camera shy. They are also the slowest I have to put on weight and length. 2 other species in the same online order have far out paced them despite arriving the same size in different tanks. 

You will need patience with these ones as they grow out. I will update you if anything changes as they grow to full size.