3 gallon stocking

Taco Playz

On 8/10/2021 at 3:14 AM, Nik_n said:

Could your fit CPD or white clouds in a 3 gallon? If so how many,  I heard they need to be kept in groups of 6. I was also thinking about clown killifish but was advised against it, as they may need a bigger tank and even a heater? I don't know much about nano setups just wanting to try something new. 

I'm not much into snails, I have a billion of ponds snails in may planted community and am trying to get rid of them.  

I have 5 CPDs in a 3 gallon, got the idea from this video which may help you!  

I'm currently struggling to chose between a group of clown/rocket killifish or CPD for my 3 gallon. I heard that the CPDs can be picky eaters and that would be a problem for me as I often times leave my tanks with just an auto-feeder. On the other hand, killifish are jumpers and if I don't have a well fitted lid they will jump out. This also worries me, if I make a DIY lid with a whole for the feeder some may jump out. 

The reason why I'm choosing between this two, is that both can go without a heater (from what I heard and researched).

Also are there any other nano fish that aren't picky eaters that would work well in a 3 gallon.    

On 8/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, Nik_n said:

I'm currently struggling to chose between a group of clown/rocket killifish or CPD for my 3 gallon. I heard that the CPDs can be picky eaters and that would be a problem for me as I often times leave my tanks with just an auto-feeder. On the other hand, killifish are jumpers and if I don't have a well fitted lid they will jump out. This also worries me, if I make a DIY lid with a whole for the feeder some may jump out. 

The reason why I'm choosing between this two, is that both can go without a heater (from what I heard and researched).

Also are there any other nano fish that aren't picky eaters that would work well in a 3 gallon.    

CPD are not picky eaters mine eat any crushed flake I give them. They even eat hikari fancy guppy food (that’s actually their favorite) when I have a ton of shrimplettes I throw in a pinch of shrimp baby and they gobble most of that up to. Their mouth is just small so it’s hard to see them eat. Once their juvenile they eat first bites and north fin fry. They are 🐷 piggies not picky 🤣

• Like 1

Well this makes my decision even harder now 😅. I never kept any of the spices, and I would love to try them both.

But because this is my first time setting up a non filter, non heater nano tank I will probably go with a more forgiving and cheaper option and whats available at my local fish store. 

Also how many of each could I possibly get (i was thinking about 4-6)