lefty o

todays loss makes me wonder just how long some of these fish live. lost 1 of my 2 bronze cory's today. got them both the same time, and they were fairly well grown. i cant place an exact date, but have had these 2 since at least 2006. ive figured they were on borrowed time for quite a few years now. now to see how long the last 1 holds out.

• Sad 8

Since 2006! That's a long time, they must have really enjoyed your care.

The longest-lived fish I have kept was a veiltail goldfish inherited from someone who'd had her for a few years, and who lived another 10 years with me. I know goldfish can live much longer than that.

One of my bettas I have now I got as an adult sized fish in July 2018. He seems as happy and healthy as ever but I think of him as being a senior citizen.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, lefty o said:

todays loss makes me wonder just how long some of these fish live. lost 1 of my 2 bronze cory's today. got them both the same time, and they were fairly well grown. i cant place an exact date, but have had these 2 since at least 2006. ive figured they were on borrowed time for quite a few years now. now to see how long the last 1 holds out.

Sorry for your loss,  At the same time, congratulations on keeping them happy and healthy well beyond their average lifespan.