Talk to me about your favorite catfish!

laritheloud

On 8/8/2021 at 10:49 AM, CorydorasEthan said:

Sounds great! I've always wanted upside down catfish, but there is simply not enough space in my community aquarium. It is already pretty crowded with cories and guppies! Anyways, yeah I think this is a great idea. If you wanted to, you could probably do smaller species along with the upside down Synodontis or the wood cats. I would recommend maybe pandas, metaes, adolfois, or habrosus maybe. Pygmaeus and hastatus might work as well, just moniter them closely if you do pick them.

I've sought after Corydoras elegans for the longest of time, but still haven't found any! They are my favorite Corydoras in terms of patterning. The reason yours are smaller is because Corydoras elegans are actually smaller than most cories. I think 2 inches max?

I hope this helps!

Yep, they're around two inches. ADORABLE little guys. We only have one female, and she's easily-distinguished among the crowd of boys. A little grayer and a little plumper with clear fins. The patterns really are gorgeous, they have an iridescence in the light.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, laritheloud said:

Yep, they're around two inches. ADORABLE little guys. We only have one female, and she's easily-distinguished among the crowd of boys. A little grayer and a little plumper with clear fins. The patterns really are gorgeous, they have an iridescence in the light.

Yep female cories grow way bigger than the males!

827660917_CoriesEating1.JPG.51531ffaed420c03ecf913ef3c45c6f1.JPG

• Love 1

I seriously have a thing for all catfish. I get to see the spawns schooling every year at my hubbies fishing spot. Thought I share a picture of this mornings frozen bloodworm feast..(I let my mosquito dish dry out 🤦‍♀️ And was much to lazy to go to the creek and collect breakfast 🤣)

I know @CorydorasEthan likes corys I had to wait until they were done the pics of them eating were too blurry from the activity

9AE11715-BB02-41EA-8418-25164F68C5AE.jpeg

6B99132E-D72E-4C83-A42C-1661CD7033A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I currently have the following cat fishes: some species of countless otto; 8 P. maculicauda; 7 L204; 4 lemon eye blue eye; 1 regular bn; 1 super red bn; 1 L333; 12 pygmy cory; 10 orange laser cory; lots of sterbai:

These are my observations:

otto; they do their thing and they mostly don't care what you do.

red fin otto; pretty smiilar to otto but slightly more shy

L204 mostly pretty shy; but will come to the front to eat zuc but easily startled and always a bit leary of out of tank movement

bn (all types); unpredictable; some are super bold; some super shy sex does not seem to matter. I've had males that hide 24/7 period; and females that do the same; i've had males that gladly eat in front and could care less what you do; females same deal.

L333 super shy; lives in his cave - will poke his nose out if hungry; but slightest movement will send him back

pgymy cory - pretty shy but not as bad as some of the others.

orange laser cory pretty shy

sterbai - after 2+ years still super shy.

-

A few pictures:

L204:

f1.jpg.be5977d632ad7c454e7fdf52fa621498.jpg

Lemon BN:

sleeping_pleco.jpg.cd453b1a3eacb8af32a4c1385f407f85.jpg

I have a few other pictures just ask....

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 8/8/2021 at 4:21 PM, anewbie said:

I currently have the following cat fishes: some species of countless otto; 8 P. maculicauda; 7 L204; 4 lemon eye blue eye; 1 regular bn; 1 super red bn; 1 L333; 12 pygmy cory; 10 orange laser cory; lots of sterbai:

These are my observations:

otto; they do their thing and they mostly don't care what you do.

red fin otto; pretty smiilar to otto but slightly more shy

L204 mostly pretty shy; but will come to the front to eat zuc but easily startled and always a bit leary of out of tank movement

bn (all types); unpredictable; some are super bold; some super shy sex does not seem to matter. I've had males that hide 24/7 period; and females that do the same; i've had males that gladly eat in front and could care less what you do; females same deal.

L333 super shy; lives in his cave - will poke his nose out if hungry; but slightest movement will send him back

pgymy cory - pretty shy but not as bad as some of the others.

orange laser cory pretty shy

sterbai - after 2+ years still super shy.

-

A few pictures:

L204:

f1.jpg.be5977d632ad7c454e7fdf52fa621498.jpg

Lemon BN:

sleeping_pleco.jpg.cd453b1a3eacb8af32a4c1385f407f85.jpg

I have a few other pictures just ask....

Your L204s are GORGEOUS! Love flash plecos!

• Thanks 1

My gold nugget is one of the boldest, bravest plecos I’ve ever had and I adore him.  I think his bravery has made the bristle noses more brave (2 lemon drops, and now 3 blue eyed lemons).  I see the gold nugget several times a day and almost always after tank lights go out and room lights are still on.

The clown pleco was last seen on about May 11 this year when I took his pic.  I’m assuming s/he’s still in there until I find a body or see him/her again.

I would recommend a gold nugget to anybody.  I would not recommend a clown pleco only because you just won’t see them.  S/he may be working hard for me cleaning algae.  I don’t know since I have no proof and I have plenty of other algae eating species.

B15F0DD6-B953-4F52-BDA0-B9E4856FA713.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 4