Tank Sizes and Rack Size

RoyalReject

Was watching one of the videos, and was wondering what is the rack used and tank sizes to get an most even placement. I am moving houses in a few months and want to set up something that is pretty clean, or if people had any other idea where to get a rack that will fit some tanks perfectly and not look that bad

• Like 1

Those are standard ten gallon tanks, and I'm pretty sure those are ULINE brand storage shelves. But there are lots of similar looking brands. The way tanks are measured is by the glass and not the frames. So a ten gallon is 10inches in depth according to the details online, in reality, it's more like 10.5 inches. 

What I use is a 2000lb per shelf welded Whalen industrial shelf, model#: WSIR772472BS-SWD. In my opinion, it looks wayyyy better than Mr. Tweeddale's it has a slick black scratch resistant coating. Plus I got it for cheap compared to places like Lowes (200$) I got mine at Costco for 104$ when it was on sale, its been on sale on and off. You can easily fit around 7 10g tanks of each of it's 4 racks. Plus 2 40g breeders fit horizontally with a little wiggle room. I only have two downfalls, it is difficult to put together by yourself, and it will compact your carpet where it's feet touch. I would be more than delighted to tell you more if you'd like.

Not sponsored, its seriously the best shelf I've had for tanks. 

• Like 1

I decided on the Husky Rack from HD.  In the same size as @Keeg used.  I believe they are the same rack with different name to be honest.  It is sturdy. Way sturdy.  I have 18 tanks on it right now.  15, 20 gal high tanks and 3  51/2 gallons.  I will be adding a second rack same height and width but 60 inches long and it will house all 10 gallon tanks. which would be 18 using only 3 shelves.  if I used 4 shelves it would hold 24 10 gallons but I can not goto the floor with my auto water change system drain layout. 

• Like 2