Funny feeding behavior

ThomasLC

So I have a Dicus Community tank with a couple gold nugget plecos.  So I try and provide food for the Plecos with Algae wafers.  Well it seems the Angles, the rainbows and the dicus all enjoy nibbling on the wafers.  Not sure if this is 'normal' or not My Dicus are not full adults yet.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, ThomasLC said:

So I have a Dicus Community tank with a couple gold nugget plecos.  So I try and provide food for the Plecos with Algae wafers.  Well it seems the Angles, the rainbows and the dicus all enjoy nibbling on the wafers.  Not sure if this is 'normal' or not My Dicus are not full adults yet.

Seems normal. My discus love live foods like blackworms and mosquito larva the best, but they will also eat prepared fishfoods, vegetable matter, and detritus too. They are really fairly omnivorous.

When I had a tank full of rejects I had to provide at least 6 hikari algae wafers. 3 would go to the bristlenose pleco stash, 1 would go to the chinese algae eater, 2 the goldfish would eat practically whole. The goldfish would then proceed to harass the bristlenose for his stash. Sometimes he would make away with another 1. 

All this is to say most aquarium fish are omnivorous and love to go at algae wafers from time to time