What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 8/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, JettsPapa said:

I'm an old guy, and I like old music, though I am a fan of some new stuff.  Classic album rock, old country (mostly pre-1970), blues from any time period, Motown, etc.  I listen to Pandora all day at work, set to Shuffle, so I never know what's coming next.

image.png.20503fdaea2a42fdd26af577cabeffe2.png

image.png.efe3d31ebc3475ca92cae0aa9022c330.png

image.png.e4a96608f10f55a340ecfdaa05df6840.png

image.png.7033ecae90b87160243f6870550ee3d0.png

Moody Blues ❤️

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’m a certified Deadhead but I’m currently hooked on Vampire Weekend, Phoenix and a few old punk funk bands from the NorCal ska scene Reel Big Fish etc…

Classic hip hop is also on rotation: Arrested Development, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest etc..

My kid loves Black Pink, BTS and the K pop scene so that’s getting a lot of play too.

Q-tip rules.  

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Jungle Fan said:

Talk about Pink Floyd, I saw the Roger Waters "The Wall" Live Concert in Berlin on Potsdamer Platz in 1990, it was epic,

I was there! Yes, it was fantastic! Oh, they don't have concerts like that anymore... So, was it you who ran away with my hat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

On 8/7/2021 at 9:07 AM, GameCzar said:

Any Devin Townsend fans

I'd never heard of him.  He looks like Lord Voldemort's brother, and he has magically trained elephants to play drums.  I hope his elephant army remains musical and he never sends them to attack.  In all seriousness, there's quite a lot of variety there!

• Haha 3

On 8/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, eatyourpeas said:

I was there! Yes, it was fantastic! Oh, they don't have concerts like that anymore... So, was it you who ran away with my hat?

Wasn't me! I had to wear hats for work outside back then and made it a point not to wear one in my time off. So no, might have been some of the British fans, I stood close to them and they were getting pretty rowdy at times.😄

On 8/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, lefty o said:

a string of country songs

I'm not a big fan of country music.  The only stuff I'll listen to I was introduced to by the only cowboys I ever knew in real life when I worked on a ranch in Arizona for 4 years.  They weren't big fans of my punk and metal, nor any of my more eclectic tastes.  So we listed to "cowboy music" as I called it.  I'll never forget rolling up to the stable house with a guy trying to break a horse just after this was playing in the truck:

• Like 3

What I like seems to always fall under what pandora calls "LoFi Chill". Mostly tunes with no lyrics for me, I'm always doing something while I listen and can focus better on the project with good jams on minus lyrics which I often find to be distracting, with exceptions of course.

Ronald Jenkees, Odeza, Yppah, Cillo, Dreamwallow, ect...

• Like 4

I'm a fan of old school rap, like dr dre, dmx, snoop dogg, nelly, and some eminem. I also like some of the new stuff, juice wrld, joyner, and some 2000s ti. I also like country music. Like the Florida georgia line, dustin Lynch, luke combs, and luke Bryan. Then of course the regular pop artists like the weeknd, beiber, ava max etc

• Like 1