Have you ever accidentally exposed yourself as a Nerm?

AnimalNerd98

I've been exposed as a nerm a couple times by my wife. When we have people over to our house, somehow, someway she will bring it up "oh did you know my husband has like 25 fish tanks in our basement?" She does it to see people's reactions, and if they think its as crazy as she thinks it is. Last time, it didn't work out as well as she hoped because the husband of the couple that was over, then said he had a big tank of African cichlids and that he wanted another tank, but his wife wouldn't let him. I looked at him and told him that I've found that its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. The looks I got from my wife and his wife was not to pleasant, but oh well. I need to text him and ask him if he found another tank yet LOL

• Haha 4

Mostly a private nerm here. There has been....some growth, shall we say....in the number of tanks I have set up right now (various stages of QT, nothing "CRAZY") so I hid a small tank and a betta setup in a bedroom before we had a non-family visitor today in order to not be exposed.

Last week a plumber came when I wasn't home and apparently told my son he liked my fish and that he used to have "too many tanks", too. Hmph.

• Haha 5