Fish Identification

KentFishFanUK

So on one of @Irene's videos on YouTube, specifically "5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Growing Rooted Aquarium Plants" there's a little fish that's pretty much centre screen around the 0:50 mark, and I wondered what it is? It's so cute, not even sure if maybe it's a juvenile of something I would recognise or something completely new to me! 

Sorry about the awful blurry picture, it's taken on my phone of the screen on my tablet as I couldn't figure out an easy way to get a good pic of it.

Any help appreciated! 

16278551396941112726978745290750.jpg.df521b65cbf6003f8eb691e083f35c0c.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:41 AM, Colu said:

Looks a bit like an x-ray tetra

Looking at pics it does look a bit like them, only a bit more stream lined. Also it's hard to tell in my rubbish photo but the bottom half of its eye is blue. It has some orange on its caudal fin and I think some blue on the other fins. Maybe some sort of pseudomugil? 

On 8/4/2021 at 2:45 AM, Patrick_G said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a Tetra because I see a little adipose. I would say White Tip Tetra

The only thing throwing me off that you can't see that well in the photos but you can in the video is a bright blue eye (or at least the bottom half of the eye) but when I Google photos of the suggestions so far they don't seem to have it. Unless they have that as juveniles and then lose it?

it is a tetra for sure, dont make me go paging through the books to find what it is. i know ive seen it before. well i think im blind, paged thru the old book and didnt see it. i still say tetra.

Edited by lefty o
  • Like 1