Soft water TDS

dcmilly

Unfortunately, metrics for measuring individual nutrient levels is expensive. You could use a conductivity meter which measures the electrical field in the water and allows you to know how many dissolved salts are in the water. This is how people in the hydroponics measure nutrient loads in the water, if im not mistaken.

Although unless you are trying to raise some extremely sensitive plant species I wouldn't bother trying to measure and just kind of increase or decrease fertilizers based on the instructions the specific fertilizer gives and how your plants take to growing. If you are struggling with algae commonly this means that you are using to much fertilizer.

Edited by Biotope Biologist
  • Like 1

If you really do have 45 tds that would limit your hardness to about 2-3dGH max since TDS<=gh.  Usually carbonate hardness comes from minerals as well so  that would put the same upper bound on your kh too.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:33 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

You could use a conductivity meter which measures the electrical field in the water and allows you to know how many dissolved salts are in the water. This is how people in the hydroponics measure nutrient loads in the water, if im not mistaken.

You may want to use incognito mode in your browser...My aquarium driven CO2 equipment and water test tool searching gave me the gift of serving a ton of CBD and Tommy Chong sponsored links for awhile there after 🙄.

• Haha 2