Fritz FritzZyme 7 vs Fritz Turbo Start 700

GameCzar

Looking at these two products they seem very similar, is the only difference the concentration level?  Does anyone have experience with them for fishless cycling?

Another question: If my tap water is 1ppm Ammonia, is that enough to get the cycle started with either or both products?

The only "beneficial bacteria" I've ever used up to this point is the Tetra stuff, which if I'm honest I don't know if it did a thing.

Thanks!

ive not used the turbo start, but have used the fritzyme7. i dosed per the bottle, waited a few hours then added fish. over the next few days give another small squirt of the fritzyme7 just for good measure, and have had zero problems. my own opinion, you still dont want to go from zero to fully stocked in an hour. add a few fish, give it a few days, add a few more etc. let the tank grow and adjust itself as you add stock.

• Thanks 1

I used Fritzyme 7. Similar to your experience with the Tetra stuff, I am not sure it did anything. Based on what I have read since then, I suspect it did not.

I did have a bacteria bloom soon after, but bacteria in the water column is a different kind of bacteria then the bacteria that is supposed to be in Fritzyme and the other bacteria-in-a-bottle products. I was dealing with an ammonia spike and was desperate.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

I personally have experience with fritzyme 7 and turbo start. I've also toured the facility where they make it. IN my experience it does cycle tanks. The turbo is just much higher level concentration.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:08 PM, lefty o said:

ive not used the turbo start, but have used the fritzyme7. i dosed per the bottle, waited a few hours then added fish. over the next few days give another small squirt of the fritzyme7 just for good measure, and have had zero problems. my own opinion, you still dont want to go from zero to fully stocked in an hour. add a few fish, give it a few days, add a few more etc. let the tank grow and adjust itself as you add stock.

We're planning on waiting for the cycle before we place our order, then adding one species at a time.  

Do you guys think 1ppm ammonia is enough ?

@Cory thank you for your clear delineation between experience and double blind, peer-reviewed research. 

It's a shame that so many people get militant/threatening over the difference, and make your life unnecessarily difficult. 

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, Sun.singh1991 said:

They both work, turbo start is a higher concentration of bacteria. Remember you need to add fish or ammonia to keep the bacteria feed and multiplying. 

My tap water is 1ppm, do you think that would be enough ?

On 7/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, Torrey said:

@Cory thank you for your clear delineation between experience and double blind, peer-reviewed research. 

It's a shame that so many people get militant/threatening over the difference, and make your life unnecessarily difficult. 

Exactly. I've used the bottled bacterias and things like fritz complete. They worked for me. Yea shocking I know. It's almost like if these kinds of products didn't work then they wouldn't be selling them. But there's always that one guy that knows more than the company and millions of hobbyists that have used the stuff for decades lol.

• Like 2