Odd question that I've never thought of before. Does Val grow from the top like most of our other stem and leafy plants or does it grow like from the bottom like human hair? 🤔

I swear the Val I added to my 150 that was trimmed when I took it from my 95 hex has grown 6" in a week but the tips still show the cut line.

Been a long week at work so I thought I'd bring it here since I can't rap my brain around it right now. Or Google for that matter...

IMG_20210729_185631426.jpg.f43c86b785f727bf94a1970fe7c24f6b.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 8:07 PM, DSH OUTDOORS said:

Lol makes sense. No idea why that was such a difficult concept for me to wrap my head around.

Think of it like this: It grows the same way as the grass in your lawn.  It's just on a larger scale with the big val you have.

If you want a leaf that grows from the base that is hard to contemplate, may I present to you the welwitschia* from the Namib desert on the southwest coast of Africa.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/00/28/0100282a452a106fac78c42571ce5e4b.jpg

In technically only ever has two adult leaves that constantly grow out of an ever widening base, that get tattered and split my the wind over the course of its thousand plus year life span.  

*Not suitable for planted aquariums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2