Growing Java moss on intake tube idea

Cohen

If you have a prefilter it will attach and potentially suffocate your filter if you don’t it will get bits sucked into the filter is hob it will grow in media. I had some too close once. Beautiful but…once was enough work to constantly monitor and keep up with growth. 

Some moss got stuck in my filter sponge and now they have merged into one hybrid sponge-moss mass.  Does that count? 😛

I bet it'll work great.  super glue or string will get you started attaching it to the uplift tube.

I've never had java moss, but I ordered a little shortly before you posted. 🙂 

I'm thinking it'll look cool and work, but I hear tale that it spreads. You'd just have to make sure it doesn't grow into the sponge. I also hear it's very slow growing, and very fast growing. 🙄 So that may or may not be difficult.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, CalmedByFish said:

I'm thinking it'll look cool and work, but I hear tale that it spreads. You'd just have to make sure it doesn't grow into the sponge. I also hear it's very slow growing, and very fast growing. 🙄 So that may or may not be difficult.

I have some flame moss that's supposed to be co2 only or something in my no-co2 tank.  It barely grew at all when I cared about it.  I gave up and threw it into my quarantine tank.  Now that tank is all moss.  The trick is to not look at it or care about it and then it grows super fast.

Edited by CT_
typo
  • Haha 1