Total Gallons/Average Gallons/# Of Tanks

RovingGinger

11 hours ago, RovingGinger said:

I thought this might be fun to see what people's stats look like. Active tanks only (something, plant, animal, invert, living in it).

226 / 25.4 / 9

Enough tanks that normal people think it's crazy, but few enough that aquarium people know I'm a newbie.

A newbie w/ 9 tanks?  They might be right.

5 minutes ago, Ken Burke said:

I guess I’m small time 48, 15 and change, 3.  Oh and a 100 gal rubber made stock tank full of platty fish, if that counts

I’d count the stock tank. If it holds non-mammalian life in a solid wall container it counts.

Although I guess by that criteria we’re including some houseplants which is gonna be way too much to count. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

93.5/11.7/8

My boyfriend has suddenly decided I have an "obsession" for which I need "help". He isn't joking. He has never had to so much as feed my fish, and he does not live in my home.

Thanks for the perspective. I think I will keep the fish. He can go.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

150/30/5

Mine is pretty easy...

And there are plants in all of them, but only fish in two of them so far. I am still putting the 55 together

On 9/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, StephenP2003 said:

285 / 31.7 / 9

Biggest is 90 and smallest is 10.

I've added 3 tanks in the past 3 months. Now Alexa thinks I order lights and dimmers on a regular basis and just today reminded me it's time to order another one. 

I bought a toilet seat from amazon once about 4 years ago... ONCE.

Now they think I collect toilet seats. Now a week goes by that i don't get a recommendation for a toilet seat.

• Haha 1

180/20/9

I only have one 20 running right now so the average is funny. I have mostly smaller tanks all over the place in size.

55, 40 container pond, 20 high, 15 container pond, three 10s, 6 (Kritter Keeper) and a 3 desktop. I am going to be adding 3 more 20 highs and five or more 10s once I build my fishroom rack.

Edited by pedrofisk

These numbers are very fluid.

As of Saturday morning my numbers are:

640 total / 213 avg / 3 tanks

But wait, I can rearrange the fishroom to accommodate more tanks!

Fishroom.thumb.jpg.88c60ff6dc17423def0bed9de1231d71.jpg

Presto! 10 more tanks.

So by sundown, my total should be:

815 gallons / 62 avg / 13 tanks

My wife's reaction to the new arrangement was "Just because cause there is room on the end of the board for 1 more doesn't mean you have to fill it."

I said that I would throw out to the forum and ask if a empty spot on a aquarium stand necessarily implies a new tank?

The three 10 gallons tanks on the upper stand on the right side will be used for the "Honey I Dirted My Tank" project where I will pit Walstad vs. Eco-complete, versus Normal gravel to see what really happens when you use soil as a substrate.

• Like 1