Prazi-Pro How High?

Mmiller2001

I must have a resistant parasite going on. TL|DR Fish went through QT with Trio, did a full round of ParaCleanse per directions on box and did a 5 day treatment of Ich-X. Something snuck through and Cory's started flashing again and now other fish have begun flashing. No visible signs of Ich or spots. I dosed PraziPro on the 19th. No real improvement to date. The 24th will be day 5, I plan to do my water change and dose PraziPro again. How hard of a dose can I go? I used 5ml per 20, in a 75Gallon. My total dose was 17.5ml to account for wood and sand.

Thank you for any advice!

Edit: I added Poly-fil to my canister, could this be causing a problem? This is the pure 100% Polyester bag, no flame retardant. 

Edited by Mmiller2001

• Administrators

Meds aren't really a more is better type of thing, it's usually a time thing. Think of meds you take as a human. you dont take all the pills day one. you take them over time so your body can fight along side the meds.  I personally just let prazi sit in the water for a couple weeks.

24 minutes ago, Cory said:

Meds aren't really a more is better type of thing, it's usually a time thing. Think of meds you take as a human. you dont take all the pills day one. you take them over time so your body can fight along side the meds.  I personally just let prazi sit in the water for a couple weeks.

So no second dose, even at the recommended amount?

Question for @Cory, or anyone more fish-experienced than me. In a case like this, what is your next thought regarding the flashing? My thinking is "itchy fish" doesn't necessarily mean "parasite"? Could be other (bacterial/fungal) infection, or a parasite that is not susceptible to paracleanse, or even an environmental contaminant, right? Is there a "next-most-common" cause of flashing, in your experience?

1 minute ago, FriendlyLoach said:

You probably know this, but if the PraziPro is clear or yellowish it has went bad. It will go bad during shipping if the temperature is wrong. Apparently it is common to have ineffective PraziPro. It should be pink, but no body told me what sort of pink it should be? Mine was clear/pink and I don't think it worked. 

I'll check that, I didn't even pay attention to the color.

• 3 weeks later...