Underwater Cameras for Streaming Video

GameCzar

On 7/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, Jungle Fan said:

PS: The charging cable might be the weak link in the permanent seal idea, not so much with the seal but the length of the cable the longest I've seen for Android were 10FT don't know if it might affect charging if you were to connect two.

I think I have that part figured out.   With it being a porch pond, we have a light that wont be far from it.  If I put a socket outlet in the light and plug a small USB bank in it, I should be able to run my smartphone and my pump.

51r-0VhpDyL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:01 PM, ARMYVET said:

Nice! But the price once again is the budget buster. Funny thing is ever since I looked up the Aquavu for @GameCzar I've been getting my e-mail box filled up by BassPro with reminders about it, and I actually looked it up on the manufacture site.

• Haha 1

I think that there are some waterproof enclosures for various action cameras that allow a cable-connection for power and/or streaming, such as GoPro and DJI. Those cameras are waterproof or water-resistant on their own, but not when wired. You will spend more.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, GameCzar said:

I may have found a cheap, easy solution.  It may take a little bit of DIY, but not much. 

A two pack of these buggers is 8.99, so I would just need to rig a cable for power in it by probably leaving the top of the bag out of water and some silicone. I can use the lanyard to secure it with a hook to the side of the tub I use for my porch pond. 
I've found a few aps that allow you to stream smartphone video to your home PC where I can pretty much put it where I want. 
These are supposed to be fully submersible to 100'. 
We shall see how this goes. 🙂 

71tWd64Ji0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I have successfully used a similar product (or maybe it's the same from a different Chinese manufacturer...) I use an old iphone4S usually- it takes good enough pictures and I won't be too sad if I lose it (I can't trade it in for money anywhere now, it's too old.)  I haven't used it long term but I have to think it would be ok. As someone mentioned previously, adding a desiccant packet might be helpful in a long term setup.

Looked a little off with the light coming in, but overall I could see what was going on and I thought it was cool. One bonus is that keeping the camera underwater will help keep the camera cool, rather than being in the sun constantly.

(Ricefish, guppies, cherry shrimp, platys)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For what its worth, I've begun playing around with an "examination camera".  If you are content to stream only to your phone it works. All of my electronics are old, so there are a lot of downsides.  I'm using a Depstech/Jetion setup. The app has always been buggy, and does not work on a pc or Mac.   I have no idea if it will survive past the IP67 30min. limit or if it can handle continuous charging  Cellphones used continuously tend to get hot. and the tiny camera is the only part that is waterproof.

On the plus side:  For $35.  the image quality is good enough. The view from my phone could have been a scene from Jacques Cousteau meets Jaws.  When the Silver Dollar tried to eat it, It became an endoscope.  After turning the camera light off the fish mostly ignored it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1