Good Online fish store?

Dakota

Ive used aquahuna a few times when its safe temps up here by me. I have always had a good experience with healthy well packed fish. Cant beat that shipping charge either.   

I have also used aquabid after i research sellers feedback  some hard to find species are only there. 

There are others ive used as well. 

Edited by mountaintoppufferkeeper

Aqua huna would be great for me if they stocked brackish fish, I too am curious who people go with that are looking for fish that most LFS won't stock due to lack of popularity. While I have the great pleasure of living in the Seattle area, the only fish I have found for my setup in a 100 mile radius is the figure 8's.

Not trying to steal the light from @Dakota 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Aqua huna would be great for me if they stocked brackish fish, I too am curious who people go with that are looking for fish that most LFS won't stock due to lack of popularity. While I have the great pleasure of living in the Seattle area, the only fish I have found for my setup in a 100 mile radius is the figure 8's.

AquaBid might be your best bet, or try to find a specific breeder. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Have you been to the reef store in Renton? A small well run store much like a saltwater Aquarium Coop. Not the big all purpose pet shop but the other place. 

On 7/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, Patrick_G said:

Have you been to the reef store in Renton? A small well run store much like a saltwater Aquarium Coop. Not the big all purpose pet shop but the other place. 

I did go to that one yes! I think the one where the entrance is hidden? They have live foods that I definitely will pick up but I asked and the only lower tolerance saltwater fish are the rhino gobies which are known to be incredibly territorial

My salinity will be mid to upper brackish lower saltwater at 1.010- 1.016 most likely. I haven't calibrated it yet but that is my target range

Edited by Biotope Biologist
  • Like 1

LR Bretz has been good to work with, Red Fish Blue Fish excellent packing and service, Aquahuna see above, AquaticArts a little expensive but good quality and well packed, I’ve had good success with Aquabid- sellers with several hundred ratings tend to be professional and as long as you use overnight options it goes well nearly 100% of the time - only issues have been due to usps.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Dakota said:

thanks guys you have been super helpful. I live on the east coast and its sorta hard to find a good reputable fish store here. I love the co-op just can't get there reasonably.

Where are you on the east coast? If you're in driving range of Lancaster, PA, That Pet Place in Lancaster is  pretty impressive. If you're not in driving range they now sell their fish (most of them anyway) online also. I've never ordered fish from them online, but I've bought fish there in person in the past and they were good and healthy. I would hope their fish sold online were the same.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, gardenman said:

Where are you on the east coast? If you're in driving range of Lancaster, PA, That Pet Place in Lancaster is  pretty impressive. If you're not in driving range they now sell their fish (most of them anyway) online also. I've never ordered fish from them online, but I've bought fish there in person in the past and they were good and healthy. I would hope their fish sold online were the same.

I can second this. I used to live a few hours away from That Pet Place and I went there a couple of times when I was driving anywhere near there. Pretty sure that's the first place I ever saw pea puffers, back in the olden days, lol. 

On 7/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, gardenman said:

I can second this. I used to live a few hours away from That Pet Place and I went there a couple of times when I was driving anywhere near there. Pretty sure that's the first place I ever saw pea puffers, back in the olden days, lol. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, PineSong said:

Google Maps Street View even went inside That Pet Place and shot photos so you can do a virtual walkthrough and tour of how it was back in 2013 when they took the shots. It's pretty neat to be able to wander around inside a store virtually. If you Google their store and use Google Maps and then switch to Street View and zoom in you can see where the images were shot and click on them to take you inside their store.