Problem with Pogostemon Stellatus 'Octopus'

The wider leaves (emersed growth) will gradually die back and be replaced by the longer, thinner leaves (submersed growth).

On my PSO, I sometimes notice the white underside of leaves when I disturb the plant or move it. I don't think that represents a problem with the plant. It will fix itself.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 1:51 PM, HH Morant said:

The wider leaves (emersed growth) will gradually die back and be replaced by the longer, thinner leaves (submersed growth).

On my PSO, I sometimes notice the white underside of leaves when I disturb the plant or move it. I don't think that represents a problem with the plant. It will fix itself.

Thanks, these 2 were planted July 1st, if there is something wrong I need to take care of it and I planted 4 more on the 21st.  

On 7/23/2021 at 2:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

I think it’s normal. It might lose some of it’s mass but I’ll spring back quickly. It grows pretty easily for me but I still make sure I’m using enough fertilizer and giving it enough light. 

I have my Fluval 3 light going on the factory setting except I extended the day time hours to run 7am to 7pm hoping to give the new plants a little jump start.

I give them the basic dose of fertilizer about every 4 days for all the new plants.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

The first time I tried an emersed grown stem plant it melted back to almost nothing. I was sure it was going to die but instead it came back and it’s doubled in size a few times. 

That is what my Water Sprite had done, it is coming back now