On 7/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, Sophie said:

Do you happen to know any beautiful bigger tetras? And I'd like to feed my Betta a cookie as a snack. Is that alright?

I think it's best to give your betta treats specifically made for him. They carry all kinds of tasty things at pet stores, like blood worms and brine shrimp that he'd enjoy.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 8:37 AM, Sophie said:

. Also my Betta is a she. 

That betta is a male btw.

I wouldn't suggest adding Panda Corydora in that tank. As it looks a tad to small for that corydora. It looks like 3 - 5 gallons. I would suggest pygmy corydora or snails. 

My Betta happily lived with neon tetras, none were eaten. I'm surprised to find that yours did.

Edited by James Black

On 7/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, James Black said:

My Betta really likes Fluval Bug Bites

I second this one - my tetras LOVE this stuff - if you can't find bug bites, pretty much any food at the pet store will be healthy for your betta...feeding your fish human food would not be healthy for him

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, Sophie said:

I can't find any of these in the store. 

What stores do you have? Petco? Petsmart?

On 7/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, Sophie said:

Any human foods that my Betta can eat?

Bettas in the wild eat small bugs, little crustaceans and tiny worms. They really need to have a diet suited for their body, and human food wouldn't be right for them.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, Sophie said:

At least on month. And I feed her fish pellets, since she never takes the flakes.

Well, at least she's eating the pellets, that's a good start! If that's the only food you can get for her, she will probably do fine. But maybe next time you can get to a store, try asking the people who work there what other betta food you can try. 

• Like 2

Cardinal tetras get bigger than Neons but they look similar, except there is no white on their bellies the red stripe continues all through the body and they like the higher temperatures.IMG_7873ac-Edit1-Edit.jpeg.ebcd17b5d8cb4397cc005dfeb7b824c9.jpeg848694329_20210709_1846441.jpg.1d72548d57d64398f640a24ea3ddf291.jpg

Do the stores in your area carry any of the freeze dried worms for bettas? Or live Tubifex worms? You might have to ask some of the local fish store owners, I'm sure they have to have food other than the flakes for the bettas they sell.

• Like 1