API Furan-2 - response from API

DebSills

Currently trying to fight columnaris in my tank and can't find API Furan-2 anywhere - finally decided to take a shot and write an email to API off of their website...I actually got a response:

"We have been suffering large out of stock issues with suppliers. We are working hard to bring back the API powdered medications to store shelves. We anticipate 2-4 weeks for all the medications to be back on shelf."

Figured I would post this here for anyone else who has been looking for it - if you can find it "BiFuran+" has the same two active ingredients that Furan-2 has, but its almost as hard to find

Good Luck to everyone, I will keep my fingers crossed for you (and me) that we make it through!

• Thanks 3

On 7/22/2021 at 3:01 PM, Just a Pygmy Corydora said:

Where do you live? It might only be your area.

Its not just at my local fish stores, I'm sure there is some out there somewhere, but I've checked several places across the country as well as Amazon, Chewy, Pet Smart, Petco, etc... which is why I reached out directly to API to figure out what was going on.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, DebSills said:

Its not just at my local fish stores, I'm sure there is some out there somewhere, but I've checked several places across the country as well as Amazon, Chewy, Pet Smart, Petco, etc... which is why I reached out directly to API to figure out what was going on.

Absolutely, API meds have been out of stock like crazy. I'm glad I managed to stock up my fish med cabinet before the stores near me ran out, but what a pain 😞

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:01 PM, Just a Pygmy Corydora said:

Where do you live? It might only be your area.

It isn't - both furan-2 and api general care have been unavailable for months; there are two rumours for cause. First the FDA cracked down on one seller of 'untested' fish drugs (not sure if that had an impact on other companies); second some drug ingredients are in short supply due to covid-19 and vaccine production. I do not know if either rumour are actually relevant but i do know obtaining the drugs are difficult.

It isn't just api; other brands have the same issue.

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 1