can someone help me

alcidmr

I'm new to the hobby and i just seen this in two of my corydoras.

temperature is 79

and 0 ammonia 0 Nitrite and 10 to 20 Nitrate

Ph always been low 7.6 High 7.4 i do 50 water change every 7 days but i think my corys are sick or is that normal because they are also flashing once in a while appreciate the help thanks.

Screenshot_20210721-130722_Gallery (sick Corydora).jpg

I know 79 is high side temp but i kept albino at that temp awhile ago in a weird (long story) community tank that needed higher temp. Sometimes they flashed if i ran out of salt in my water softner and the gh got too high. You could run him through a round of paracleanse. Its been a long time since i kept them though so take this as just a thought. 

• Thanks 1

The salt was what my water softner uses. Everything i know about corys they are very sensitive to salt.  I never mess with my ph/ghetc so wait for someone else to chime in who knows that stuff. It was just a thought i wanted to throw out so you can check maybe its higher than normal or if they are newer maybe they dont care for it so hard. Again dont change anything until you hear from others. The paracleanse might be a good idea though if you did not quarantine depending on how long you had them.

Yeah I had them for month and a half they are the only ones at the moment want to get some endlers but now this happened so I need to find out what it is before I add more fish I was looking forward to it and this happened I thought I was doing everything correct lol 

Use paracleanse if it does not stop. follow instructions. It will mess up your beneficial bacteria but if you have plants your recovery won’t be too hard. Just test regularly to keep them safe until it stabilizes. I would treat the whole tank.  @Coluis the expert on these things though. I would trust what he may have to say on it. I’m an amateur with meds.

• Like 1