Characterization of Hobbyist Ornamental fish production

DRSMP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

A big thank you to all who have completed the survey so far!
We are half-way to the minimum required number of respondents, so please if you haven’t yet responded please take a short moment to do so.

We are looking for a wide range of experience, so if you keep fish, please take some time to fill out any question you can.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekib6KJMiaNgtOAXUH_rvUv3obYGOFaUbUvGqzuWcd3u6r7w/viewform?usp=sf_link

This is an external study being allowed by the forum but not sponsored or supported by the forum itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

We are about half way through the time period of this study to be active. Good news is we are on track for this study to be the largest survey of fish hobbyists in the scientific literature (to my knowledge). 

So please, if you haven't already take 5 minutes to fill out the survey and help improve our understanding of the hobby! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekib6KJMiaNgtOAXUH_rvUv3obYGOFaUbUvGqzuWcd3u6r7w/viewform?usp=sf_link

This is an external study being allowed by the forum but not sponsored or supported by the forum itself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

We are still looking for a number of responses to make this study statistically valid. We have just over 1 month left of the survey being live, so please if you haven't done so already consider taking 5 minutes to fill out the form.

Thanks in Advance!

• Like 1

Come on, everyone! You know you all want to read this paper when it comes out and we won’t get to do that if they don’t get enough responses!

The paper will be about breeding fish, but if you’ve never bred fish, you should still fill out the survey! As the OP said, 

If you have never bred fish, please also fill out this form, as all submissions will be helpful to the analysis.

Also bonus if you’ve never bred fish—the survey will take even less time. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanting to keep this thread afloat a little.

Thank you everyone for the great support!  Approximately  2% of the forum members have filled out the survey (which is a typical response rate of social media surveys) However there is always room for more responses!

The survey closes at the end of January so if you haven't already please consider taking 5 minutes to fill out the form. 

:) 

• Like 2

I hope your survey gets enough views! I am very excited to read the results.
I've never bred fish before (either on accident or on purpose) so I do not think I'd be much help here, but I'm definitely going to share this forum post with some IRL friends of mine who have! 

Best of luck! 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 7:16 AM, Hobbit said:

@DRSMP correct me if I’m wrong, but I think they actually want people who haven’t bred fish to take the survey as well! It will be a very short survey for you, but it’s still helpful data to know how many fishkeepers haven’t bred fish.

Yes you're right, Even if it is just a "No" in the fish breeding column and then anything you may want to add eg the vet question and you're done! 🙂

On 1/16/2022 at 5:51 AM, Swampbones said:

I hope your survey gets enough views! I am very excited to read the results.
I've never bred fish before (either on accident or on purpose) so I do not think I'd be much help here, but I'm definitely going to share this forum post with some IRL friends of mine who have! 

Best of luck! 

Every response is valuable and having people who don't breed take it gets me a good sample size from the whole hobby so please don't let the title put you off taking it, I need a good representative sample from the whole hobby. 
I want to see how prevalent it is so if just people who breed fish take it, my estimate of how many fish are being produce by hobbyists is skewed because my samples are taken from just breeders.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1