Do API test kits expire?

James V.

I have a API master test kit and I was wondering if they ever expire? How long does it take to expire?

I ask this question because I just realized today that the test kit that I have is from 2008!šŸ¤£Ā I think it might definitely be expired but Iā€™m not sure.

Yeah, I am tired of collecting high range ph bottle, too. Wouldn't be nice if those bottle were in volumeĀ proportional to the number of drops used? I keep running out of nitrate and ammoniaĀ tests while accumulatingĀ most of the others.Ā šŸ™‚

24 minutes ago, James V. said:

I have a API master test kit and I was wondering if they ever expire? How long does it take to expire?

I ask this question because I just realized today that the test kit that I have is from 2008!šŸ¤£Ā I think it might definitely be expired but Iā€™m not sure.

got back into fish keeping late last year after about a 10 year break, found my API kit from then with all the lids on tight, expired 2014Ā ish, so I got a new kit.

Tested the 2 kits side by side and found the old kitĀ as reliable as the new kit, so IĀ used the older kit first.

Also, IĀ like the playing card style color charts the older master kits had than the all in one card the new ones have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diego said:

Yeah, I am tired of collecting high range ph bottle, too. Wouldn't be nice if those bottle were in volumeĀ proportional to the number of drops used? I keep running out of nitrate and ammoniaĀ tests while accumulatingĀ most of the others.Ā šŸ™‚

API makes justĀ nitrate and just ammonia test kits usually for around 10$, too bad Aquarium Co-op doesn't sell them, but they do have the High PH if you are looking for some more of them.

Edited by MattyIce
  • Thanks 1