Hi from Alabama!

Patrick here, fish keeper for around  40 years.  (Since I was around 9 so, successful fish keeper for about 30 years) Just moved my 75g community to a  planted 125g (helped fund Cory's next trip with a plant order) and converted the 75 to a mbuna tank, joined the channel, and hopped on the forum. No lfs here, just chains, also no local club, so I'm making this my club. Thanks for existing, I know I do!

Edited by TheBlueBeetle
  • Like 5

On 7/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

Nice to meet you. Im also no where near a LFS up here on the mountain in Colorado. Not ever a chain store within a 2 hour round trip for me. 

Wow! I guess you buy your fish mostly online? I would probably take that distance if it came with your scenery!

On 7/27/2021 at 4:28 AM, TheBlueBeetle said:

Wow! I guess you buy your fish mostly online? I would probably take that distance if it came with your scenery!

Mostly do purchase online. It is that driving back home from a physical store that really adds up :). 

Same here for the scenery being worth the distance. My LFS is a a combination of COOP for dry goods and supplies, aquahuna when I find it there and occasionally aquabid etc for livestock.  My main club and fish community is here.

You can't beat our neighbors. As the saying goes good fences make for good neighbors..... in our case hundreds of trees and a quarter mile of distance between the next closest home makes for great neighbors. We see more animals than people here : deer, turkey, eagles, vultures, foxes, elk, an occasional black bear, coyote, owl, and arguably either a couple of grey wolf or two enourmous coyotes seen over the years.... but they claim wolves dont officially exist here. 🤷‍♂️ seemed very wolf like size and shape vs the coyotes we have seen around to us. 

• Like 1