Catching a betta with a net (injured?)

Gideyon

I'm in the process of doing a salt bath for my betta.  It was a bit of a struggle to get him because he still swims really well despite dropsy.

After finally doing so, I noticed something in the net. Could this be debris from the tank, or does it look like I injured my fish even more?   The pieces are too small for me to tell.   So I thought if someone who's experienced the same could recognize it. 

He seems fine in the bath. 

PXL_20210719_195037453~2.jpg

Edited by Gideyon

Unrelated or maybe related followup....   Should I put stress guard after putting him back in the tank?    It's medicated with kanaplex.  Not sure if that'll mess things up.  

He's been more lethargic after putting him back.   Makes me wonder if I did injure him. Or it's the effects of the bath. 

One thing I learned with doing a salt bath with my betta is the stress it causes. I would suggest to take out all the meds in the tank he in right now, and let him relax for the next day or two, then start medicating again.

Just watch for any side effects that may suggest that the stuff in the net was from the betta. I doubt it is, but keep an eye out for it.

I just put in the 2nd dose of kanaplex today.  He does seem a bit more "chipper" today. 

I guess you wouldn't recommend doing multiple baths then.  I wasn't sure if I had to or not. Couldn't find any info on that. 

Maybe run a carbon filter for a day, and add another dose of kanaplex after 2 days?    Or if he's acting normal, it's okay? 

His dropsy hasn't improved, but not worse.  He's eating and swimming fine.  I feed him every other day when I give him the kanaplex. He rests on the gravel and on leaves up top.