Anubias

Hi everyone, I glue this Anubis’s to my shrimp cave, the roots are growing and it seems they are going into the sand, my question is do I allow it to burry in the sand or do I move it higher so that doesn’t happen? Thank you 

EBA8C08D-ACBB-49E7-B087-4A70DCCC37B6.jpeg

10B6347C-C6DE-46AC-BB84-AEAF4160A355.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi yes I have root taps I don’t use them cuz I have sand and I have few fishes that move the sand a lot but question if my roots of plants are white and they look very alive does it mean there is nutrientes on the sand 

• Like 1

I have some other plants that are burry and the roots look great like white and strong but I never had plans before, but my Anubias is giving a lot rots and growing, 

yes they are beautiful fish I use to have 2 but they bullie each other and one pass away but they are great it’s so fun to see them going through the sand and they are colorful 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 10:09 PM, Odd Duck said:

@Jcdli  You don’t have to use root tabs.  They’re just a good nutrient source.  Anubias pull nutrients from the water column very successfully, so I’m sure they’ll be fine without root tabs if your fish would disturb them.

Thank you, at this point I’m not even adding easy green because plants are doing good 

The plant doesn't know that you glued it, so it is trying to anchor itself.  The roots will feed above and below the substrate. In time time you may have enough roots above the substrate to provide cover for the smaller fish.  Mine have actually picked up pieces of gravel as they grew.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, Tanked said:

The plant doesn't know that you glued it, so it is trying to anchor itself.  The roots will feed above and below the substrate. In time time you may have enough roots above the substrate to provide cover for the smaller fish.  Mine have actually picked up pieces of gravel as they grew.

Hi oh I see, yeah there is a lot roots inside the little cave and the kuhli loaches love to stay there