Many different algae things going on

I know all of these have been asked before but usually one at a time, so the combo I think might be something different.  This is my 20 long guppy birthing tank, it currently has 2 adult females and approximately 40/50 fry? I began by struggling with green spot algae and after stopping the use of easy green and turning lights down to 60% and only 8 hours a day it seemed to get rid of that problem but a few weeks later I started getting extreme hair algae and bba.  My nitrates stay around 20 due to heavy feeding of fry.  Should I consider using easy carbon to reduce algae or is there another solution I should be considering?

Thank you in advance!

BenPXL_20210719_191703303.jpg.dbc6d839806f4fd3b4fc893203eda311.jpg

Not sure what light you have but 60% on a shallow 20 long still seems a bit high.  I have a Fluval 3.0 on a 20 long and I'm sure it's at or under 20% (I'll check when I get home).  You may need to cut back a bit more.

I applaud the fact you are wanting to use Easy Carbon for the right reason.

If you do decide to use it, do not OVERDOSE!  And for sure heed this warning.

"Warning: Can be irritating if it gets into your eyes, nose, or mouth. It can cause stomach upset if swallowed. If you get Easy Carbon on your skin, rinse off. If you get it in your eyes or mouth, rinse thoroughly for 15 minutes. For USA customers reference the poison.org website."

An interesting read.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, KBOzzie59 said:

Not sure what light you have but 60% on a shallow 20 long still seems a bit high.  I have a Fluval 3.0 on a 20 long and I'm sure it's at or under 20% (I'll check when I get home).  You may need to cut back a bit more.

I applaud the fact you are wanting to use Easy Carbon for the right reason.

If you do decide to use it, do not OVERDOSE!  And for sure heed this warning.

"Warning: Can be irritating if it gets into your eyes, nose, or mouth. It can cause stomach upset if swallowed. If you get Easy Carbon on your skin, rinse off. If you get it in your eyes or mouth, rinse thoroughly for 15 minutes. For USA customers reference the poison.org website."

An interesting read.

I am using a nicrew light.  Can't remember the exact model but it's a full spectrum plant light, all that jazz.  I'm not really sure of the specs other than it being a 30 inch light.  I have the blue spectrum off though because I have read that blue only really benefits algae

All my behaviors being roughly equal, reducing light intensity and run time has been the primary factor in reducing almost all algae. Sometimes that also required more aggressive water changes if nitrate got too high too frequently. It took a lot of experimenting and time. I used to have problems with BG Algae, stag horn, and hair and the waiting for it to resolve with changes was always the hardest part. Look at it as a month long experiment sometimes. I am trying to slow spread of black beard now. It is the only algae trying to dominate in one tank. So far reduced light seems to stymie growth.