White spot on corydoras

Azarax

When I came into work today I noticed one of my Sterbai Corys has a white spot on them.  This is my very first aquarium.  It has been set up for five weeks, the inhabitants are 4 Sterbai Corys and 3 Nerite snails; they have been in the tank a little over 2 weeks now.  I did a cleaning and 15-20% water change on Saturday. 

Ammonia 0

Nitirite 0

Nitrate 0-10

KH ~100

GH 300+

PH ~7.6

using the coop test strips.  The only change in parameters is the temp jumped up to 82 over the weekend(didn't make any changes to the settings).  Usually it's around 76.  This is the second time I've had the temp jump with this heater. (is my heater bad, or are all heaters bad?).

I thought maybe it was ich, but doing some research it doesn't look like it, and it seems ich shouldn't be viable when the temps are above 80.

IMG_0168.jpg

I would replace your heater it could have bumped into something in the tank I would monitor it for now if you see the lump getting bigger I would Qarantine and treat with maracyn and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons

You can get aquarium temperature regulators as a safety. When it hits above a set temp it kills power to your heater until the temp returns to normal.  I use them in all mine as eventually all heaters dongo and they usually cook your fish occasionally ive had them just stop working

On 7/19/2021 at 12:20 PM, Colu said:

I would replace your heater it could have bumped into something in the tank I would monitor it for now if you see the lump getting bigger I would Qarantine and treat with maracyn and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons

Thank you for the advice, I will get some maracyn and salt this evening.