Need help please inkbird

Guppysnail

I keep inkbird on all my tanks. Just the standard NON internet ones. Yesterday both plugs stopped working on one meaning no power to my heaters. I tested with plug in lights. No power. I unplugged it let it sit. Tried resetting nothing?  The temp probe and readout screen still works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or has it given up the ghost?  This one is actually not as old as some of my other ones. 

@Guppysnail ive had mine do that and never come back. At the time I did not do this myself but it might be worth contacting inkbird directly through their website https://inkbird.com/ with the model number, probe used, and issue to see if they can troubleshoot or fix it. 

Based of the internet rumors stray voltage in the water from another device could cause issues with the probe dependant outlet systems from many manufacturers. There are a few who guess if the probe used is not an aquarium version with the black rubber coating it can contribute to issues.... im previously guilty of using the probe it came with in somewhat distant past 🙋‍♂️.

It might be worth asking Inkbird directly and seeing if it could be an easy technical fix, warranty issue, or something that can be avoided on a future one by adjusting setup. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:42 AM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

@Guppysnail ive had mine do that and never come back. At the time I did not do this myself but it might be worth contacting inkbird directly through their website https://inkbird.com/ with the model number, probe used, and issue to see if they can troubleshoot or fix it. 

Based of the internet rumors stray voltage in the water from another device could cause issues with the probe dependant outlet systems from many manufacturers. There are a few who guess if the probe used is not an aquarium version with the black rubber coating it can contribute to issues.... im previously guilty of using the probe it came with in somewhat distant past 🙋‍♂️.

It might be worth asking Inkbird directly and seeing if it could be an easy technical fix, warranty issue, or something that can be avoided on a future one by adjusting setup. 

Oh my ive always used the probe it came with. I had no idea i was not supposed to. Yikes. Hmmm but mine does have the black rubber. Thanks for the info. Might just be time for a new one. 

On 7/19/2021 at 4:48 AM, Guppysnail said:

Oh my ive always used the probe it came with. I had no idea i was not supposed to. Yikes. Hmmm but mine does have the black rubber. Thanks for the info. Might just be time for a new one. 

Yup same here. Might be worth investigating and emailing them directly could just be a faulty unit 

• Thanks 1