So I recently tried to raise the eggs of an apistogramma agassizii pair i have in another tank. I used both methylene blue and acriflavine to try and prevent fungus from developing on the eggs. I used the maximum recommended dosage as well. 

It seemed to not have any effect. Less than 24h after the pair laid the eggs and I put them in a different tank I already started seeing fungus on the eggs. In 48h the fungus had spread and engulfed both non fertilized and previously heathy eggs. I started treatment with methylene blue, and then switched to acriflavine, when it didn't seem to have an effect 

Did I do something wrong? What can I do to prevent such an aggressive fungus infection on the eggs? 

I'm at a loss here, because in less than 48h all eggs were inside a cotton like ball of fungus 

I leave them with the parents and see how the did (at least at first). The parents might eat the eggs, but they also tend the eggs, fanning water over the eggs and picking out any fungused one before the fungus can spread.

Plus the parental care is very fun to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

I leave them with the parents and see how the did (at least at first). The parents might eat the eggs, but they also tend the eggs, fanning water over the eggs and picking out any fungused one before the fungus can spread.

Plus the parental care is very fun to watch.

I usually do that with apistos, but this particular pair has eaten the past 7 spawns, so I'm afraid they might never learn how to properly care for their yourn 

• Like 1