I’ve been doing a fishless cycle for just over a month, and the ammonia and nitrites recently returned to zero. So I decided to clean it today (hence the low water level), and it’s not even making a dent in the amount of algae in the tank. What can I do? Just keep cleaning it weekly until it’s under control? Should I add something like AlgaeFix? Please let me know! I have a fish that I’d like to add to this tank when it is ready. 

64B9F11D-D75E-4DB5-BFED-7D76F9CB0767.jpeg

E8185928-4EEE-4D74-A4B1-FE3DEACCA901.jpeg

C9BE4233-66B9-44EB-AF32-76E1C7DDB9B5.jpeg

You can also take out the hardscape and epiphyte plants and clean them off with a soft toothbrush. For the gravel you can vacuum it with the siphon that you use to change the water. 
Folks have already mentioned a clean up crew. I have Amano Shrimp and Otocinclus Catfish. They’re both fun to watch and do a great job cleaning up the algae. 

• Thanks 1

Bladder snail will wipe a tank clean every nook and cranny of diatom but you will have a population explosion that will die off and be self regulated once the diatom food source is under control and rptheir faces are adorable to watch noming it all 😁

FDC8AFDD-B421-4F5F-B224-0CC6A03CC0A0.jpeg

8302F832-688D-4F28-A6D5-DC61D1336545.jpeg

• Like 2

My first tank a year ago (20 tall) had brown everywhere after cycle. Nerite snails plus three platy fish ate almost all of it in 36 hours. I had a shrimp tank that had stubborn brown dust algae on glass for months. Constant scrub battle each week. A single nerite maintains it and keeps it clear. Haven’t scrubbed at all in 2 months.

• Thanks 1