Continuing with the struggle of plants.

It looks like the Anubias has some black algae on the margins and maybe some light brown diatom algae. They are very slow growers and prefer low light. It looks like you might have them to close to the light. As a first step I would move them lower. When you do that you can also manually remove some of the algae with a soft toothbrush. 
How old is the tank? It’s not unusual to get some algae in the beginning. A shorter light cycle and a clean up crew will help a lot. As the plants start growing in they’ll outcompete the algae. 

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, Patrick_G said:

It looks like the Anubias has some black algae on the margins and maybe some light brown diatom algae. They are very slow growers and prefer low light. It looks like you might have them to close to the light. As a first step I would move them lower. When you do that you can also manually remove some of the algae with a soft toothbrush. 
How old is the tank? It’s not unusual to get some algae in the beginning. A shorter light cycle and a clean up crew will help a lot. As the plants start growing in they’ll outcompete the algae. 

Plant has been going about 3 months. Think I messed up my cycle in month one so trying to catch up now . Thanks for the info

Like @Patrick_G said you can move them lower, or you can provide some shade through stem plants, or a piece of driftwood. I have a Bucephalandra in my 75 gallon tank that wasn't doing so well until I moved it to a place where it was partially shaded by moss and driftwood and it's now growing like crazy.

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 2

Looking at the pics of your plants, it looks to me like your anubias is suffering from a potential deficiency of iron or magnesium causing foliage to yellow while the veins remain green. The brown gunk could just be mulm, or with the age of your tank, more than likely a brown diatom bloom which is normal in the early stages of an aquarium's life. I forgot if you mentioned in your other post, but what light are you using?

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 8:05 AM, Phantom240 said:

Looking at the pics of your plants, it looks to me like your anubias is suffering from a potential deficiency of iron or magnesium causing foliage to yellow while the veins remain green. The brown gunk could just be mulm, or with the age of your tank, more than likely a brown diatom bloom which is normal in the early stages of an aquarium's life. I forgot if you mentioned in your other post, but what light are you using?

Its a 48" double bulb fixture with t5 bulbs.  I've got two fluval planted tank 18000 k bulbs in it.  I thought about the brown algae but its only on the plants that it's happening. The rest of the tank and glass hardly ever gets algae build up