Breeding Kuhli Loaches?

JoshStover

So my son (3) and daughter (7) are absolutely obsessed with fish and especially Kuhli loaches. They very much want us to breed them. Have any of y’all done it? If so, do you have any pointers? Our LFS already said they’d take them but knowing my kids we will end up with a 75gal With only Kuhlis!🤣🤣 Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer 

So cool. Ive had unintentional khuli success with floating plants, feeding good flake, good pellet, frozen bloodworms, and live baby brine. My general rule is a group of 6 of a fish in their own tank fed will and you will normally get more. If you only had khulis in a tank of pretty much any size the population would almost certainly grow quickly. Ive never fed fry seperately but id guess a vinegar eel culture and live baby brine would get you plenty of healthy khuli to move back to the LFS

My Khulis will intertwine and roll around in the roots of floating plant for me. That is normally done as a pair and occurs primarily in the roots of frogbit or similar.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1