Crinum Question

I recently purchased a Crinum Calamistratum from Aquarium Coop. It arrived with only three leaves, two of which were in bad shape and one that was broke but was still green. Today I found the last one floating in the tank. My question is with all the leaves gone will the bulb produce more or is it dead. It is currently still in the basket it came in in an Aquarium Coop planter. I put a couple of root tabs in the rock wool and use the Aquarium Coop easy green fertilizer.

Edited by lhb555

With the crinum being a bulb plant it is almost prone to loosing leaves when they first get introduced into a new enviourment. I know mine did. But give it a few weeks and you'll start seeing little sprouts starting to sprout. If after a few weeks and the leaves dont pop up, contact customer service. I'm sure @Candi will take good care of you.

• Like 1

It should be fine. In my experience crinum take a few weeks to settle in before they start to get noticeable growth. I've moved mine 4 or 5 times now and every time it loses a few leaves and takes a few weeks to settle in.

I also find they do much better in high flow so mine is usually right by the filter outlet. 

• Like 1