Weekend sale 7/16-7/18

This weekend I'll be running a sale. Buy a package of Easy Root Tabs and get 50% off any Sword Plant! Amazon Swords make a great centerpiece plant for any tank and the care is extremely easy. They benefit extremely from root tabs and Co-Op tabs are a great deal for 20 at $9.99

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, Just a Pygmy Corydora said:

How do you use root tabs?

This talks about it a bit.  Its just a matter of putting them in your substrate.  (The hardest part for me with co-op's tabs is they REALLY want to float!)

• Like 1

I use pots to contain my plants, so I just put the root tabs in the bottom of the pot when I am initially putting the plant in the aquarium. I use tweezers to place root tabs for plants that have already been potted, but that is sometimes difficult. Taking the pot out makes it easier. I recently bought a "pill gun," designed to give medicine to dogs. The co-op tab fits, but I have had to bend the prongs on the device a little to get it to release the root tab when I want it to. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, HH Morant said:

I use pots to contain my plants, so I just put the root tabs in the bottom of the pot when I am initially putting the plant in the aquarium. I use tweezers to place root tabs for plants that have already been potted, but that is sometimes difficult. Taking the pot out makes it easier. I recently bought a "pill gun," designed to give medicine to dogs. The co-op tab fits, but I have had to bend the prongs on the device a little to get it to release the root tab when I want it to. 

I've also put them at the bottom of the little pots too, and that did work great, sticking them in co-op's Easy Planter is great too.  With our Eco-Complete, I was having those dang capsules work their way up from the bottom of the substrate, so I'll figure out a solution next time I apply them.

• Like 2