cloudy eyes

Craziiininja

I have a 125g rainbowfish tank. both eyes on 2 of my rainbowfish have cloudy silver/grayish eyes. It started on 1 rainbow now there's 2 fish infected but so far no other fish has the cloudy eyes yet. Everything I read says treat with antibacterial medication. My question is should I just take the 2 infected rainbows out and treat in a 29g tank or do I need to treat the whole display. If I have to treat the whole display this is going to be much much more expensive. Thanks for any advice. 

If you're sure it is a contagious disease spreading in the tank I would treat the tank with a preventive dosage and remove the two infected fish into the 29g and treat accordingly. I would just make sure it isn't a different cause such as old age, water quality, or a piece of decor. Good luck!

I added a few new fish without quarantining and all my fish got ich. I treated the display tank and cured that. Then a few weeks afterwards 1 fish had 1 cloudy eyes. Now 2 fish have both eyes cloudy. I have almost 30 fish in the tank(not all rainbows) and none of them have cloudy eyes. So im not sure if its aftermath of the ich parasites. But my water quality is good i test 4 or 5 times a week, every week. And do 50% water changes every week.0 ammonia 0 nitrite and nitrate never gets over 40. I feed nothing but extreme flake and frozen foods all high quality. Im not sure what the cause is but most things i read say treat cloudy eyes with antibacterial so i figured i would start there. Just dont know if i can afford to treat the display if its gonna take multiple rounds. But i could afford to remove the 2 fish and treat them with multiple rounds. Just not sure which is the best way to proceed.

No they have different active ingredient I would treat with API fin and body cure for cloudy eye I would treat the two sick fish in Qarantine if none of your other have symptoms the active ingredient in API fin and body cure is Doxycycline

Edited by Colu