Favorite Tank Size

Ragnarok12

Alright everyone, open question. What is your favorite tank size and why? I'm really into nano tanks at the moment (5-10 gallons) because I like experimenting with everything you can do in such a small ecosystem. And because they are small, there is a guaranteed interaction between all of the denizens of the tank, which I also enjoy experimenting with.  Who else has a favorite?

• Like 1

I love my medium tanks (20 to 55) They fit my fish and plants well. I really love my 48 bow front. Its fully planted with large rocks and drift wood. I use this as my "nano" tank. stocked with  about 12 of each type of fish, rummy nose, octos, sterbie cory's, red and orange tetras, lemon tetras, pygmy cory's, amano shrimp. and I am forgetting a few.  The activity with this tank is wonderful to watch. It right next to my couch. Really like by 55 with 2 pairs of koi angels (6 to 8 inches) Breeding weekly and some cory's.  I just like this size tanks.

I'm with @quikv6 - I like the longs because of how short (in height) they are...and how much change you can have with hardscape and foliage across the length of the tank.  I only have a 20 long...so I have very limited experience...but I really enjoy tanks that are about 12" tall!

Edited by Betsy

I have 29, 10, and 9 cube inside. 150 and 20 tubs outside. I like my 29’s but I wouldn’t want anything deeper. The two 29’s I have are well established and on point now. I think 40 breeder is a great size. 30 longs look cool too.  Love my outside tubs. 

Mine would be 10G if I had to choose. They're easy to dose almost everything from easy green, dechlorinator, to meds doses 10G a pump. You can do nano fish(which I love) in them and have enough plants so you get the best of both worlds in a size that is practical and easy enough to maintain for almost anyone.