False julii cory fry! 🥰

Karen B.

I tried hatching/raising cory fry, sadly those that did hatch ended up passing away.

...but today I was cleaning the tank and here this little guy appeared 🥰🥰🥰

Is the pinkish color on his face normal? His front body pattern is so different from his parents 

3A8AF0EB-275B-4C1B-9390-B1FA64877ACE.png

604868CE-D8C2-438D-B192-5E5A6BA414E8.png

• Like 1

With Cory's you can leave the eggs.and fry in with parents as long as the other tank mates won't eat the eggs or fry I used to colony breed corydoras panda in a species only tank with plenty of Javan moss and left them to it got lots of fry 

• Thanks 1

I breed false julii corys regularly and yes the red color is normal.  A few years ago when I breed my first julii corys I was worried about the red color and spent weeks looking into it, it is normal.  As for the marking they will change as they grow most of my corys (orange laser, false julii and venezuelan red sailfin corys) all look the same as juveniles.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:47 PM, Larry M said:

I breed false julii corys regularly and yes the red color is normal.  A few years ago when I breed my first julii corys I was worried about the red color and spent weeks looking into it, it is normal.  As for the marking they will change as they grow most of my corys (orange laser, false julii and venezuelan red sailfin corys) all look the same as juveniles.  I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your answer! Yes, it helped tremendously ☺️

On 7/13/2021 at 8:47 PM, Larry M said:

It looks like this is your first post! Welcome to the forum and great advise.