Guppy sitting on substrate breathing heavily

DavidL

I’ve got a 29 gal tank of fancy hippies and cherry shrimp and a few weeks ago I noticed this female had become very lethargic and was sitting on the substrate and hiding a lot. She’d eat some and swam fine when she tried to get away from any males giving her a hard time. I thought she might be stressed or constipated so I quarantined her in a 10 gal. I’ve fasted her for a week while medicating with PraziPro and when that didn’t work I tried a dose of Maracyn just trying to make sure there wasn’t a bacterial infection. She’s been spending a lot of time on the sponge filter lately and today I’ve now noticed she’s got a fairly large lesion above her eye, maybe 3-4mm. She’s all alone aside from a few cherry shrimp so nothing can be beating up on her. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
Temp 78*
ph: 7.4

Ammonia: 0

Nitrites:0

nitrates: 0

Tank has cycled for about a month and a half after being seeded with plants, decor, and a filter from my other tank. 

3DF017BC-E007-4C39-BF8B-8693CC85584F.jpeg

image.jpg

I would saw internal parasites.  Have all the fish in that tank been quarantined and or treated? I had a similar  issue and it turned out to be callanus worms. The med trio won't work on that. If anymore pass you could check the gut for worms.

Edited by Ben Ellison

1 hour ago, Ben Ellison said:

I would saw internal parasites.  Have all the fish in that tank been quarantined and or treated? I had a similar  issue and it turned out to be callanus worms. The med trio won't work on that. If anymore pass you could check the gut for worms.

No I’ve only quarantined the one that was hiding and sitting on the bottom. I did notice earlier today when I looked again that the scales were all kinda sticking out in the classic pinecone-form common with dropsy. So I started treating again with prazipro to try to kill off any internal parasites. I’ll make sure to follow thru on all the directions again and see if that helps this week. 

• Like 1