Help!! Worms floating through tank

Mady

I’m pretty new to the hobby. I currently have 5 guppies and one pleco in a 10 gallon. After doing research I’ve learned that a 10 gallon is not sufficient for a pleco and plan on getting the correct size tank in the next month. But I was completing a water change when I noticed something wiggling through my tank that I assume to be a worm. I found one a month ago after getting new plants from the co-op in a small 3 gallon quarantine plant tank. I caught it and disposed of it. But now they’re in my main tank. I haven’t switched over any plants from one tank to the other so I’m unsure how it could’ve been introduced. I caught the ones I just found in my tank and put them in my bathroom sink to video. I have caught more than a dozen worms. I don’t know what to do! Please help!! 

also just realizing that you can’t post videos so I took a screenshot. And circled the worms

294E5FE9-2079-4774-9BA5-8851A63F0A44.jpeg

E3CE73E3-B755-4041-A539-B3AC3FC59315.jpeg

Could be a detritus worm. It is kind of hard to see in the picture. I only say that because most of my tanks have them and they're long skinny worms that cling to the glass, roam the substrate, and sometimes swim through the water column. In my experience they're harmless and usually a result from over feeding or not cleaning up uneaten food. Yeah, they're gross looking and I'd rather that they weren't in my tanks. As far as how they got there, who knows? Your fish can carry stuff with them from where ever they came from before. Fish foods are not necessarily sterile. I'm surprised about all the tiny things I've found living in my tanks. If you don't see the worms hanging on or out of your fish or there are not hundreds of them I would not worry about it.