Still fishless cycling any ideas?

Hi so I have had my tank setup for 4 days now I used the fritz turbo start and fishless fuel to help boost the cycle and here on day 4 i am seeing a bit of nitrites, my ammonia levels are going down, and i have been seeing a bit of nitrate surprisingly. I have a 5 gallon with a hygger heater my tank fluctuates between 78-80 degrees and I have an aquariumcoop nano sponge filter with eco complete as my substrate I have a nice handful of species of plants; crypts, anubias, bacopa, java fern but recently my ph levels have been rising I started off with 7.4 on the high range of the api water test kit and within 2 days it has gone up to 7.8 I have 0 livestock in my tank but I plan on stocking my tank with a betta and 2 or 3 amano shrimp is there anything i should be concerned about adjusting? thankyou! 

Snapchat-386635418.jpg

Can I see a picture of the aquarium? It sound like there might be a rock or something making the PH rise.

Also, I looked up eco-complete, and there are 2 versions: Planted and cichlid. The cichlid version will raise the PH to match the water parameters of the African lakes.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ilovebettas said:

I used the fritz turbo start and fishless fuel to help boost the cycle?

There is also a chance that the turbo start and fishless fuel raise the PH a little bit. For a betta, I wouldn’t worry about it, but I can’t say for amano shrimp as I have never kept them. 

Long story short, I would test it again tomorrow and if it stabilizes I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is too high once it stabilizes, use something like Seachem neutral regulator

On 7/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, Guppy Guy said:

Can I see a picture of the aquarium? It sound like there might be a rock or something making the PH rise.

Also, I looked up eco-complete, and there are 2 versions: Planted and cichlid. The cichlid version will raise the PH to match the water parameters of the African lakes.

There is also a chance that the turbo start and fishless fuel raise the PH a little bit. For a betta, I wouldn’t worry about it, but I can’t say for amano shrimp as I have never kept them. 

Long story short, I would test it again tomorrow and if it stabilizes I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is too high once it stabilizes, use something like Seachem neutral regulator

Hi yes I do have I believe a kind of sieryu stone and I do have some spider wood that is currently collecting some clear type of algae/fungus read up on it supposedly it just happens when there is more surface area on your tank in the beginning of a cycle my tank has the eco complete plant substrate... here is a picture taken yesterday evening I also just got a brighter light although imnot sure that would make any sort of difference 

20210707_155623 (3).jpg